Chateau Noisy, built in 1866, was designed by renowned English architect Milner. During its history, the chateau was used for various purposes, and was at one time also known as Château de Miranda. It was also once an orphanage called the Noisy Home.
During the French Revolution, the Liedekerke-Beaufort family left their old chateau and moved to a nearby farm. After the war was over, the family asked Milner to design a chateau to be used as a summer home on land adjacent to the farm. The family continued to live there until WWII and then it was used by the NMBS as an orphanage. After 1970, it became a place for outdoor activities for children. The chateau has been empty sinds 1991.
Once the property was abandoned, the deterioration set in quite quickly. By the time of our visit in 2009, not a single one of the 500 windows was still intact, and in some parts of the building the stairs had completely fallen in. The city government had made several attempts to purchase the building and the land but the family still refuses to sell.
urbexurbanexploringurbanexploringurbanexplorationurban explorationabandonedabandonnéverlatenfotolostforgottenderelictverlassendecayvervalphotoUEdesertedvergetenverlorenvervallenoudoldaltnijlandnijlandfoto kopenurbex fotourbex photofotoprintsalefor salekopendecay in colorsfoto for salephoto for salehdrhdr urbexfotofransentruusfrans nijlandtruus nijlandverlaten gebouwenverlassenen Gebäudenforgotten placeszonlichttrappenvervlatenblauw